TRICHYPORTAL.COM

Exclusive Forum on Trichy. Contact Info : trichyportal@gmail.com
It is currently Thu May 28, 2015 3:16 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: Health Care, Medical & Hospitals in Trichy
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:27 pm 

Hospital baron to promote Trichy for medical tourism destination

TRICHY: Founder of Apollo Hospitals Dr Prathap C Reddy said he would take healthcare to the next level while exploring the potential of Trichy in international medical tourism. He was on a visit to Apollo Speciality Hospital in Trichy on Sunday.

The recognition that the Apollo Hospitals receive worldover encouraged us to expand our healthcare endeavour a step further by launching Apollo Specialty Hospitals in Trichy, Dr Reddy said. The facilities provided at Trichy Apollo are equivalent to the best available in the world. Continuing innovation by the Apollo team by leveraging modern technology has brought down the cost of medical expenditure significantly, he added.

The 225-bed hospital in Trichy was unveiled on November 7 by chief minister J Jayalalithaa through videoconferencing from Chennai. The plan for the facility was finalised in February 2011.

Talking about the future, Dr Reddy said that the 21{+s}{+t} century's medical challenges were more than the ones we had witnessed in the past. Non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, heart diseases, cancer and infectious diseases are making India the capital of diseases in the world. By 2030, it was going to be a major disaster. But the IT industry will make a big difference to this challenge. The doctors at Apollo are using technology for transforming healthcare to reach more people and to bring personalized healthcare to everyone. "This was our biggest strength no hospital in the world could have," Dr Reddy said. There are only 10 hospitals in the world that has done 1,50,000 coronary bypass surgeries and Apollo has already done 1,53,000 coronary bypass surgeries, but not all of them in the world has 99% success rate like Apollo, he said, adding "this was possible because a team of doctors with extraordinary applications of skills brought best healthcare to our people".

Answering a question, Dr Reddy said the Apollo Group has a 78,000-strong team including 7,800 doctors and 14,000 nurses across 90 clinics including 10 abroad.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 761173.cms

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:00 am 

Apollo to set up a cancer speciality hospital in the city by next year

The Apollo group of hospitals plans to set up a cancer speciality hospital in the city by next year. The new facility would come up close to the group’s hospital on Chennai bypass road which was opened recently, said Prathap C. Reddy, chairman of the group, here on Sunday.

Mr. Reddy said the hospital, which was declared open by Chief Minister Jayalalithaa through videoconference on November 7, had 225 beds and around 50 consultants. It offered tertiary care across 25 specialities with a patient nurse ratio of 1:1. It had five operation theatres, 24x7 trauma care, and separate critical care beds. The city had the potential to emerge as an international medical tourism destination, Mr. Reddy said. The group planned to open around 200 clinics in India in 2014-15. It would add 4,000 beds to its various hospitals at an investment of about Rs.2,500 crore between 2015 and 2018. Expressing concern over the growing threat posed by non-communicable diseases, he said NCDs are the biggest challenge of the 21{+s}{+t}century.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 491616.ece

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:04 pm 

tp_admin wrote:
Speciality clinic inaugurated

A new speciality clinic of Meenakshi Hospital, Thanjavur, was inaugurated at Thillai Nagar in the city on Thursday.

The outpatient clinic offers services in cardiology, oncology, urology, gastroenterology, diabetology and general medicine, in addition to a laboratory setup. “A total of 150 angioplasties have been performed in Meenkashi Hopsital in Thanjavur in the past one year . The clinic has been setup with an aim to complement health services in the city,” N. Sethuraman, founder, Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre, said. V.P. Thandapani, Commissioner of Tiruchirapalli City Corporation, inaugurated the clinic.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 454771.ece

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:39 am 

Speciality clinic inaugurated

A new speciality clinic of Meenakshi Hospital, Thanjavur, was inaugurated at Thillai Nagar in the city on Thursday.

The outpatient clinic offers services in cardiology, oncology, urology, gastroenterology, diabetology and general medicine, in addition to a laboratory setup. “A total of 150 angioplasties have been performed in Meenkashi Hopsital in Thanjavur in the past one year . The clinic has been setup with an aim to complement health services in the city,” N. Sethuraman, founder, Meenakshi Mission Hospital and Research Centre, said. V.P. Thandapani, Commissioner of Tiruchirapalli City Corporation, inaugurated the clinic.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 454771.ece

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:24 pm 

Courtesy:KG4129/SSC

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:26 am 

In and out of ventures as the entrepreneurial journey goes on

His dream when he was in college was to start a chemicals factory. Instead, on graduation, he joined a multinational. He worked there for a few years in various roles, quit that, went to the US, worked in a departmental store earning minimum wages, joined an IT company and then turned an entrepreneur, in the technology space.

He has started and sold two businesses, after scaling them up substantially and after raising funds. He is now into his third venture – Medall Healthcare Pvt Ltd, a diagnostics company.

What about his original ambition, you ask him, in his corner room office in Chennai, and the 55-year-old Raju Venkatraman, Managing Director and CEO, Medall, says he would now like to do something in agriculture. He feels he is young enough to start another two or three ventures.

“Now my dream is to become a farmer. My last venture will be in farming. Agricultural productivity is abysmally low. I am reading up… quite a lot to be done,” he says.

First job
After graduating a chemical engineering from IIT-Bombay, Raju joined Cadbury, which saw him buying apples in Kashmir for an apple concentrate plant that the company had there. After diverse roles in the company, he decided to quit and go to the US.

His first job in the US was at department store Sears, where he remembers earning the minimum wage of $3.65 an hour, in 1985.

After a month, he was recruited by software company EDS as a systems engineering trainee. At EDS, Raju says he did several tasks – computer programming, material requirement planning, engineering drawing management and imaging technology. It was also here that Raju says he “learnt how to price a deal on a per transaction basis,” setting the stage for his journey as an entrepreneur.

It was in 1991 that Raju took the plunge and started on his own, a venture called Vetri Systems that he launched with a capital of less than $10,000. He built it to $30 million in five years; started a software subsidiary in India in 1993 and two years after that started doing BPO for healthcare insurance claims processing in India. Vetri Systems had some of the large insurance companies in the US as its customers.

Seven years after he started Vetri, Raju sold the venture to Lason and continued with the company for three more years. Shortly after that he moved back to India and even contemplated retirement. Instead, he joined a non-governmental organisation, but soon realised that he was not cut out for that.

Second venture
Then came his second venture – RevIT, what else, an anagram of his first business, Vetri. This was focussed on healthcare and high-end claims processing. He built the expertise here and grew the business to 1,300 people. With revenues of about $10 million, RevIT was bought over by ICICI OneSource and Raju stayed with the company for four more years.

His latest venture Medall took off in 2009. “Medall has been a fantastic entrepreneurial journey in healthcare. I wanted to be in healthcare, I wanted to be in rural. These were the two driving things. And, wanted to take healthcare affordability to the masses,” says Raju.

He bought a medical diagnostics company called Precision Diagnostics and raised money from Peepul Capital, a private equity firm, which committed to about Rs 180 crore over a period of time. “This is a capital intensive business. I needed a partner,” says Raju.

Medall runs over 100 medical diagnostic centres in South India and will be predominantly focussed on the South. He plans to have about 300 centres in three years. Apart from the southern States, he will have centres in Maharashtra.

On Buying spree

Medall acquired a company called ClueMax in Bangalore and has bought small diagnostic centres in Tirunelveli and Tiruchi, both in Tamil Nadu. It adopts a hub-and-spoke model with the smaller towns having the basic diagnostic facilities and the larger ones, the complete set of diagnostic equipment and tools.

“Business is business at the end of the day,” he says, when you point out that Medall is a completely different business from his earlier ones. It is a question of getting the right people and processes.

Giving up ownership control the first time was tough, he admits. But, then adds that it was the right thing to do. “An entrepreneur’s life is extraordinarily lonely and I didn’t have any big investors.”

“I realised that I was learning so many things. I learnt computers, then I learnt to sell, then I learnt about imaging. Then I had to attract people, I had to manage people, then bank relationships, equity, meeting bank liabilities… I wouldn’t say life was bad, it was beautiful. But at some point in time, you are keeping on flying, the number of hours was incredible, there were small pressures at home that I was not spending enough time. I wanted to see if I could reduce that and cash out,” he says, highlighting the dilemma that most entrepreneurs face.

As a serial entrepreneur, he has a wonderful perspective on the journey: “I would say that most entrepreneurs figure out how to take off, but they don’t know how to land. Not crash land, but land beautifully and take off after refuelling.”

“I felt that building one business is one kind of a challenge, but cashing out and still having the same passion to go build the next business is actually fun for me. I simulate that I don’t have anything and I start working as hard. There was enough to do and I had enough faith in myself that I am just not going to quit and do nothing,” he adds.

For entrepreneurs
His advice for entrepreneurs: First, they must enjoy what they do. If they don’t keep on investing, somebody is going to eat their lunch. Entrepreneurs do not have the luxury of sitting back and enjoying, and saying let the business will run on its own.

More importantly, it is always bankruptcy of ideas that precedes financial bankruptcy. When they are running out of ideas and are thinking that the business is kind of comfortable for them, they should sell and get out.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:34 pm 

After 7 months of construction, new maternity centre in Mahatma Gandhi memorial government hospital awaits inauguration

TRICHY: A four-storey Comprehensive Emergency Obstetrics and Newborn Centre (CEmONC) inside the premises of Mahatma Gandhi memorial government hospital (MGMGH) in Trichy remains to be unutilised for the past six months. Though the construction of the building was completed in May this year, the reason for keeping the Rs 6.26 crore building locked remains a mystery. Sources say that the inauguration is being delayed as the authorities have been waiting to fix an appointment with the chief minister.

Earlier, the Tamil Nadu Health System Project (TNHSP) had sanctioned Rs 6.26 crores for the construction of the four-storey building at the premises of MGMGH, in order to enhance to the treatment facility for pregnant mothers and newborn babies. The construction, which was taken up by the public works department (PWD), was finished and the building was formally handed over to MGMGH on May 16, 2013.

It was expected that the building would be inaugurated in a month or two as the facilities available at the new centre is expected to ensure better care. The existing maternity ward has only 180 beds though 230 were sanctioned. The rest of the beds are being used in neo-natal intensive care unit (NICU). Due to shortage of beds, sometimes the patients are even treated on floors. People feel that, if the new centre is opened, such problems can be arrested. One floor, which was dedicated for neo-natal intensive care (NICU), is now being operated in a building connected to the existing maternity ward.

Dr Parimaladevi, head of the department of gynaecology and obstetrics in MGMGH said that the centre will play a major role in providing better maternity and neo natal care to the people. Talking to TOI, she said, "The spacious four-storey CEmONC centre will ensure suitable atmosphere for mothers and newborn babies. We are receiving the medical equipments one by one through TNHSP."

She also expressed displeasure over the attitude of the relatives of the patients who litter the hospital with wastes and appealed to avoid littering at least in the new centre. "Though the hospital sanitary workers clean the hospital premises on a regular basis, people should also cooperate to keep it clean," she said.

Dr Vallinayagam, dean of MGMGH said that the process is on to inaugurate the building but the exact date is yet to be communicated. Sources said that the delay in getting the CM's appointment is a main reason for keeping the new building closed leaving the patients in distress.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city ... 607352.cms

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:35 pm 

Courtesy:KG4129/SSC

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:36 pm 

Contact numbers for health-related complaints

The Tiruchirapalli City Corporation has appealed to city residents to take precautionary measures to prevent outbreak of diseases during monsoon. The civic body has come out with contact numbers – 76395-33000 and 76395-66000 – for health-related complaints. The Corporation Commissioner, V.P. Thandapani, in a press release, said street plays were being conducted in various parts of the city to drive home the precautionary measures needed to prevent outbreak of diseases. The commissioner has appealed to residents to consume boiled water and avoid defecating in open places.

Residents have been asked to prevent the piling up of plastic cups, unused tyres, and other wastes to prevent mosquito breeding and check outbreak of dengue .

The civic body has also appealed to residents to desist from throwing plastic wastes in storm water drains and drainage channels to prevent water logging.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 366823.ece

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:42 pm 

tp_admin wrote:
திருச்சியில் ரூ.100 கோடி மதிப்பில் கட்டப்படும் ‘சூப்பர் ஸ்பெஷாலிட்டி’ மருத்துவமனை ஜனவரியில் திறப்பு

திருச்சி, : திருச்சி அரசு மருத்துவமனை வளாகத்தில் கட்டப்படும் ரூ.100 கோடி சூப்பர் ஸ்பெஷா லிட்டி மருத்துவமனையை முதல்வர் ஜனவரியில் திறந்து வைக்க உள்ளார்.

திருச்சி அரசு மருத்துவமனையில் திருச்சி உள்பட பல்வேறு மாவட்டங்களை சேர்ந்த ஆயிரத்திற்கும் மேற்பட்டோர் தினமும் வந்து சிகிச்சை பெற்று செல்கின்றனர். இவர்களில் உள்நோயாளிகளாக நூற்றுக்கும் மேற்பட்டோர் தங்கியிருந்து சிகிச்சை பெறுகின்றனர். இங்கு தீவிர விபத்து சிகிச்சை பிரிவு, அவசர வார்டு, பிரசவ மற்றும் குழந்தைகள் வார்டு, எலும்பு பிரிவு, கண் நோய் பிரிவு, தீப்புண் வார்டு உள்பட 16 வார்டுகள் உள்ளன. தற்போது மருத்துவமனையின் பின்பகுதியில் ரூ.100 கோடி மதிப்பில் ஒரே கட்டிடத்தில் இயங்கும் வகையில் ‘சூப்பர் ஸ்பெஷாலிட்டி‘ மருத்துவமனை கட்டப்பட்டு வருகிறது. சேலத்திற்கு அடுத்தப்படியாக தற்போது திருச்சியில் கட்டி முடிக்கப்பட்டு பயன்பாட்டுக்கு வரவுள்ளது. இதற்கடுத்து மதுரையில் சூப்பர் ஸ்பெஷாலிட்டி மருத்துவமனை கட்டுமான பணிகள் நடந்து வருகிறது
இந்த சூப்பர் ஸ்பெஷாலிட்டி மருத்துவமனை தனியார் மருத்துவமனைக்கு இணையாக நவீனமயமான முறையில் கட்டப்பட்டு வருகிறது. கட்டிட பணிகள் கடந்த 2012 செப்டம்பர் மாதம் துவங்கியது. தரைதளம் உள்பட 6 மாடி கட்டடம் கட்ட 20 மாதத்திற்குள் அடுத்த ஆண்டு மேமாதம் பணிகள் முடித்து ஒப்படைக்கும் வகையில் திட்டமிடப்பட்டது. இவற்றில் லிப்ட் வசதியுடன் கட்டப்படுகிறது.

இந்நிலையில் கடந்த சில தினங்களுக்கு முன் திருச்சி அரசு மருத்துவமனையில் ஆய்வு மேற் கொண்ட சுகாதாரத்துறை அமைச்சர் விஜயபாஸ்கர் சூப்பர் ஸ்பெஷாலிட்டி மருத்துவமனை கட்டுமான பணிகளை ஆய்வு நடத்தி பணிகளை இந்தாண்டே முடிக்க உத்தரவிட்டார். தற்போது 85 சதவீத பணிகள் முடிவடைந்த நிலையில் மீதமுள்ள கட்டு மான பணிகள் விரைவாக நடைபெற்று வருகிறது. சாலை அமைக்கும் பணியும் முழுவீச்சில் நடைபெறுகிறது. இதை தொடர்ந்து அடுத்த ஆண்டு ஜனவரி மாதம் (பொங்கலுக்கு பிறகு) மருத்துவமனையை முதல்வர் திறந்து வைக்க உள்ளதாக மருத்துவமனை வட்டாரங்கள் தெரிவித்தன. இதனுடன் ரூ.6.28 கோடி மதிப்பில் கட்டி முடிக்கப்பட்ட தாய், பேறு சிகிச்சை மருத்துவமனை யும் திறந்து வைக்கப்பட உள்ளது.
தற்போது அரசு மருத்துவமனையில் 16 நோய்களுக்கான வார்டுகளில் சிகிச்சை அளிக்கப்படுகிறது. இவைகள் அனைத்தும் சூப்பர் ஸ்பெஷாலிட்டி மருத்துவமனையின் புதிய கட்டடத்திற்கு மாற்றம் செய்யப்படும். தொடர்ந்து இதில் இதய அறுவை சிகிச்சை மற்றும் மருத்துவம், கிட்னி அறுவை சிகிச்சை மற்றும் மருத்துவம், குடல் (கேஸ்ட்ரோ) நோய்க்கான அறுவை சிகிச்சை மற்றும் மருத்துவம், ஆர்த்தோ அறுவை சிகிச்சை மற்றும் மருத்துவம் ஆகியவும் துவங்கப்பட உள்ளது. இதற்கென கூடுதலாக டாக்டர்களை நியமிக்கும் பணியும் முழுவீச்சில் நடக்கிறது.

தற்போது திருச்சி அரசு மருத்துவமனையில் டாக்டர்கள் (டீன் முதல்கொண்டு) 160, நர்ஸ்கள் 126, கண்காணிப்பாளர் (நர்ஸ்) 12, சுகாதார பணியாளர்கள் 44, (24 பெண்கள் உள்பட), மருத்துவமனை பணியாளர்கள் 60, செவிலிய உதவியாளர்கள் 20, எக்ஸ்ரே டெக்னீஷியன்கள் 10, மருந்தாளுநர்கள் 20 பேர் உள்ளனர். இந்த எண்ணிக்கை சூப்பர் ஸ்பெஷாலிட்டி மருத்துவமனை துவங்கும் போது கூடுதலாக டாக்டர்கள் மற்றும் செவிலியர்கள் நியமிக்கப்பட உள்ளனர்

Courtesy:Central_TN/SSC

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 381 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 39  Next