Trichyportal.com

Exclusive Forum on Trichy. Contact Info : trichyportal@gmail.com
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:05 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trichy bits !!!
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:37 pm 

மருங்காபுரி அருகே தமிழ் சினிமா சூட்டிங் ஜூன் 7 வரை நடக்கிறது

மணப்பாறை: மருங்காபுரி அருகே தமிழ் சினிமா சூட்டிங் நடந்தது. மக்கள் திர ளாக வேடிக்கை பார்த்தனர்.
மணப்பாறை தாலுகா மருங்காபுரி பகுதி கார்வாடி, கைகாட்டி கிராமங்களில் பெங்களுரை சேர்ந்த சுரேஷ்வேந்த் கதாநாயகனாகவும், ஆந்திராவை சேர்ந்த கிரண் மை கதாநாயகியாகவும் நடிக் கும் நேசம் நெசப்படுது என்ற தமிழ் பட சூட்டிங் நேற்று நடந்தது. கார்வாடி நெல் வயல்களில் பாடல் காட்சிக ளும், கைகாட்டியில் சண்டை காட்சிகளும் படமாக்கப்பட்டன.
திருவிழா கூட்டம் போல் மக்கள் திரண்டு வந்து சூட்டிங்கை வேடிக்கை பார்த்த னர். படத்தின் டைரக்டர் ராஜசூரியன் கூறுகையில், கிராமத்தின் கதை அம்சம் கொண்ட இப்படத்தில் விஜய்மந்த்ரா இசைஅமைக்கிறார்.
திருச்சி பாபு வில்லனாக நடிக்கிறார். அடுத்த மாதம் 7ம் தேதி வரை சூட்டிங் நடக்கி றது என்றார்.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+Report this post
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:23 pm 

Microsoft gives wings to students' novel idea

Till a few months ago, college, for them was just a ‘four-year grind' that would, at the end of it, land them a plush job.

But something changed the day engineering student Subramanian Muthukrishnan and his classmates at Anna University saw their juniors shout at a waiter in the college canteen. “We were upset to see the students shouting at the poor waiter who is hearing and speech impaired,” says Muthukrishnan.

The waiter seemed to have delayed in getting their food resulting in an argument with the students. “The students were angry and told him they were leaving as it was getting late. He, on the other hand, was trying to tell them that the idlis they wanted were over and so, they should order something else,” says Muthukrishnan.

“We intervened and since we were familiar with the waiter, having interacting with him over the years, we were able to explain the situation to both parties.

This incident prompted him and his friends, Srithar Ramadoss, Sivalingam Ramasamy and Vinoth Kumar Aribalan, to develop a translator that would interpret the expressions and gestures of a person with hearing and speech disability.

It was the sheer thrill of doing something that would not just earn them accolades, but also make a positive change to the lives of a few people, that egged them on, the students say.

“When I began college, I was a little lost. But, it made me realise the importance of communication,” says Muthukrishnan, who hails from Tiruchi.

On hearing the idea, their mentors and project guides were excited and told them that no such project had been discussed in the past 20 years of research. But it wasn't easy and days of struggle bore little fruit. They tasted success when their project was selected by Microsoft at Imagine Cup 2012, a student technology competition that focuses on finding solutions to daily problems.

The translator already has a database of over 500 expressions used in sign language. “Since there is no standard and several local languages, we are trying to include as many words as possible,” says Srithar. The ready-to-deploy tool is already being used by five employees who work as helpers in the college campus. “Their feedback determines its usability,” he says.

Handling project like this is not easy as it requires huge investment. High-end tools, like the ones they used at Microsoft, are extremely expensive, says Srithar.

“Unless there is extensive funding, it is difficult to attempt such a project, he says. The challenge now is to work on accurately interpreting facial expressions, Srithar says. “Our aim is to make the tool useful and accurate. If it is not accurate, it will only lead to more misunderstanding,” says Muthukrishnan.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:46 pm 

தினமும் இலவச மோர் வினியோகம்... குளிர வைக்கும் சி.எம்., அலுவலகம்

திருச்சி: தமிழக முதல்வர் ஜெயலலிதாவின் ஸ்ரீரங்கம் எம்.எல்.ஏ., அலுவலகத்தில் தினமும் ஆயிரம் லிட்டர் மோர் பொதுமக்களுக்கு இலவசமாக வழங்கப்படுகிறது.தமிழகத்தில் பங்குனி, சித்திரை மாதங்களில் வெயிலின் தாக்கம் அதிகமாக இருக்கும். தமிழகத்துக்கு வரும் வெளிமாநில பயணிகள் மற்றும் பொதுமக்கள் தாகத்தினால் தவித்து போவார்கள்.அவர்கள் இளைப்பாறி, தாகத்தை தீர்த்து கொள்ளும் வகையில், மக்கள் அதிகமாக கூடும் இடங்களில் இலவச நீர், மோர் வழங்கும் பந்தல்களை அமைக்க முதல்வர் ஜெயலலிதா உத்தரவிட்டார். அதன்படி தமிழகம் முழுவதும் அ.தி.மு.க.,வினரால் இலவச நீர், மோர் வழங்கப்பட்டு வருகிறது. திருச்சி மற்றும் திருச்சி மாவட்டம் முழுவதும் முக்கிய இடங்களில் பந்தல் அமைத்து நீர், மோரை மக்களுக்கு இலவசமாக கட்சியினர்
வழங்குகின்றனர்.அ.தி.மு.க.,வினருக்கும், தமிழக அமைச்சர்களுக்கும் முன்னுதாரணமாக விளங்கும் தமிழக முதல்வர் ஜெயலலிதா, இலவச நீர், மோர் வழங்கும் பணியிலும் முன்னுதாரணமாக விளங்குகிறார். முதல்வரின் ஸ்ரீரங்கம் தொகுதி எம்.எல்.ஏ., அலுவலகம் முன் அமைக்கப்பட்டுள்ள பந்தலில், அப்பகுதியில் செல்லும் மக்கள், வாகன ஓட்டிகளுக்கு, தினமும் ஆயிரம் லிட்டர் வரை மோர், சுவையாகவும், சுகாதாரமாகவும் வழங்கப்படுகிறது.இதுகுறித்து ஸ்ரீரங்கம் பகுதி அ.தி.மு.க.,வினர் கூறியதாவது:எந்தவொரு காரியத்தையும் தானே முன்னுதாரணமாக இருந்து செய்வது முதல்வர் ஜெயலலிதாவின் சிறப்பம்சம். அதேபோல, இலவச நீர், மோர் வழங்குவதையும் சிறப்பாக செய்யவேண்டும் என்று சில அறிவுரைகளை வழங்கினார்.அதன்படி தரமான டின் தயிரை வாங்கி, நன்றாக கடைவோம். அதில் சரியான அளவு உப்பிட்டு, இஞ்சி, கருவேப்பிலை, கொத்தமல்லி இழை, பச் சை மிளகாய், மாங்காய், வெள்ளிரிக்காய் ஆகியவற்றை அரை த்து சேர்ப்போம். மீண்டும் ஒருமுறை மோரை நன்றாக கடை த்து மக்களுக்கு விநியோகம் செ ய்கிறோம். தூய்மையான பாத்திரங்கள், கைக்கு கிளவுஸ் என மோரை மிகவும் சுகாதாரமான முறையில் வழங்குகிறோம்.மோரில் மிதக்கும் பொருட்களை கீழே துப்புவது மக்களின் வழக்கம். நாங்கள் அரைத்து சேர்ப்பதின் மூலம் அதை கீழே துப்பமுடியாது. அப்பொருட்களின் முழு பலன் மக்களுக்கு மிக எளிதாக கிடைத்துவிடும்.மோர் விநியோகத்துக்காகவே, புதிதாக மோர் கடையும் மிஷின், மிக்ஸி, பாத்திரங்கள் வாங்கி உள்ளோம். காலை 10 மணி முதல் மதியம் இரண்டு மணி வரை மக்களுக்கு மோர் விநியோகம் செய்கிறோம்.வெயில் அதிகமாக இருக்கும்போது, ஒரு சில மணி நேரத்திலேயே மோர் தீர்ந்துவிடும். மோரை குடிக்கும் ஒவ்வொருவரும் எங்களை வாழ்த்தும்போது, அவர்களின் வாழ்த்து முதல்வரையே சேரும் என்பதை எண்ணி பெருமகிழ்ச்சி அடைகிறோம்.இவ்வாறு அவர்கள் கூறினர்.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:45 pm 

deepu051993 wrote:
I have read this statement many times that too only in TOI, i dont know how much this is true. Can you please give the link for this article, i was actually searching for online version of these articles from TOI.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ente ... 267051.cms

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:20 pm 

I have read this statement many times that too only in TOI, i dont know how much this is true. Can you please give the link for this article, i was actually searching for online version of these articles from TOI.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 5:58 pm 

I see MGR’s Trichy: Samuthirakani

Director Samuthirakani was recently in Trichy for the felicitation of director K Balachandar - his mentor. In a candid chat with Trichy Times, he talks about movies, his inspirations and his successful combination with Sasikumar.

"I have been to Trichy many times for choosing shooting locales though I have never shot a movie here. The temples and the vibrant people and how it still remains to be a peaceful town are the reasons I visit repeatedly. I see it as the place that MGR wanted to make the capital of the state. My future project may have some scenes shot around places around the city hopefully."

An ardent cinema lover since childhood he claims to not have seen a single movie till his eight grade and the first movie he saw was Alaigal Oyvathillai after which there has been no turning back.

"After watching Alaigal Oyvathilai I knew deep down that this was what I wanted to do. Initially I was into acting and wanted to make it as an actor but now I love direction. The hard work, sleepless nights and busy schedules fascinate me more than acting - now I am too engrossed in direction that acting has taken a low cut."

Ask him about his mentor K Balachander, he says with pride that he is gifted to have worked under him. "If I were to quantify him, he is my matha, pitha, guru, and deivam. That is how I put it, I would not say he is my guru from whom I have learnt about cinema but he is more than that. I still remember spending sleepless nights when the director called out my name for the first time in the shooting spot. It was memorable and the journey so far has been incredible."

Ask him about his themes around movies based on friendship he replies, "I am a person who has been blessed with good friends and believe that friends are reason for a man's success and failure. I have had experiences, memories and back stabbing by friends but by the end of it all it is them who I turn up to."

Speaking about his director and close friend Sasikumar, he tells "He is truly God sent. We are happy to have this bond and will keep going strong for the trust that people have on us."

To Trichiites he says, "For me Trichy is a place which appreciates cinema and the audiences here are dedicated to it. First day, first shows I have heard there are mad rushes and people throng the theatres to catch seats. To actually find out the result of any movie, Trichy is the right choice as you would get to know the correct result is a well known phrase in the industry. People here love and adore cinema more than anywhere else in the state." he signs off.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 6:57 am 

Capturing an Olympic moment through dance

One moment it was the supple grace of a gymnast; then surfaced the agility of an athlete, rounded off by the poise of a ballerina. Sports and dance made a merry marriage to pulsating music at Brindavan Vidyalaya on Friday. Students from Tiruchi shared a historic moment with thousands of counterparts all over the world, as they captured the spirit of the Olympic Games through choreography.

Synchronised piece

The synchronised dance routine choreographed by Wayne McGregor, dubbed the ‘big dance school pledge' was performed by thousands of school children across continents at 1 p.m GMT (5.30 p.m. IST),when the Olympic torch arrived in London from Athens. The dance, a warm-up to Big Dance 2012 in second week of July, attempted to set a new world record for the biggest multi-venue dance.

The current world record for the largest simultaneous multi-venue dance is held by the Netherlands with 2,64,188 people dancing in 1,472 locations. The organising committee envisages the dance as a form of communication that transcends cultural and language barriers.

The 5.14-minute choreographed piece was executed expertly by 29 kids including eight girls from Bridnavan Vidyala ICSE and CBSE schools who made it to the school despite the vacation.

The school's participation in the event is attributed to its accreditation as ‘British Council Ambassador School', said principal S.Sathappan. A trio was taught the moves at a British Council sponsored camp in Odisha. “When I was picked for the big dance I almost cried. I am on the plumper side and I simply cannot dance. But the sports moves made me enjoy the piece and I end up teaching my teammates with the help of videos,” says Ravichandran who led the dance.

Mirroring sports through dance

Students put in long hours of practice to get the movements right. “The dance is divided into five sections. The fourth section when the rhythm picks up is the toughest as it gets tricky,” says Nafeesa. The dance inspired by the Olympic games mirrors actions from over 20 games, including javelin, swimming, fencing, cycling, archery, and rowing.

The original score composed by Scanner and Joel Cadbury takes off with soft strains, flows gently, reaches a crescendo and culminates in an almost operatic fashion. Movements of sprinting, stomping, clapping and dribbling are timed with the rhythm.

V. Vijayakumar, Joint Secretary, Tiruchi District Cricket Association, and N.Vadivel, secretary, Krish Cricket Club, were invited as witnesses for the event that was filmed.

“We feel proud we shared this moment. We can tell our friends we were part of the Olympics in some way,” says Bhuvaneshwari.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:38 pm 

திருச்சி மாநகரில் சூறைக்காற்றுடன் மழை மரங்கள் முறிந்து விழுந்தன

திருச்சி: திருச்சியில் நேற்று சூறைக்காற்றுடன் திடீர் மழை பெய்ததால் மரங்கள் முறிந்து விழுந்தன.
திருச்சியில் கோடை மழையால் அடங்கியிருந்த வெயில் படிப்படியாக அதிகரித்து வருகிறது. கடந்த 12ம் தேதியில் இருந்து 97, 98, 99 டிகிரியாக வெயில் உயர துவங்கியது. நேற்று 101.4 டிகிரி வெயில் கொளுத்தியது. இதனால் மக்களின் இயல்பு வாழ்க்கை பாதித் தது. டூவீலர்கள் போக்குவரத்து குறைந்து சாலைகள் வெறிச்சோடின. வெளியூர் பயணங்களை தவிர்த்து வீடுகளிலேயே மக்கள் முடங்கினர். விடுமுறையில் மைதானத்திலேயே முகாமிடும் மாணவர்கள் கூட விளை யாட்டை தவிர்த்தனர். இந்நிலையில் மாலையில் மாநகரின் பல இடங்களில் திடீரென பலத்த காற்றுடன் கூடிய லேசான மழை பெய்தது. காற்று சுழன்றடித்ததில் சில இடங்களில் மரங்கள் முறிந்தன.
ஸ்ரீரங்கம் அரசு பொது மருத்துவமனை எதிரில் உள்ள கிளை நூலகம் அருகில் இருந்த மரம் முறிந்து விழுந்து நூலகத்தின் மேற்கூரை சேதமடைந்தது. பகலில் தகித்த வெயிலுக்கு இதமாக நேற்று இரவு வெப்பம் குறைந்தது. திருச்சி மக்களுக்கு மகிழ்ச்சியை ஏற்படுத்தியது.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:26 am 

Flavour of Burma dished out in Tiruchi

When Mohammad Ibrahim and his family returned from Burma as refugees in 1960s, they brought with them attho, mohingha, khoshwe, paycho and hinncho: dishes from the traditional Burmese cuisine that today have their own loyal following at the Burma bazaar at Theppakulam.

Set up over thirty years ago by M.S. Ahamad Hussain, it was the first place in the city to sell what is now locally known as Burma noodles.

The pushcart on which the foods have been stacked looks like any other street food stall in the city. But a closer look reveals reddish orange noodles, shredded cabbage, caramelised onions, containers of coloured masala powders, and a creamy broth.

“My brother-in-law put up shop here in 1979 to cater to the Burmese refugees who were the only shop owners back then at the Burma bazaar,” says Mohammad Ibrahim, who joined the business around 1996.

Though the number of Burmese refugees at the bazaar has steadily fallen, he says their food has found many local fans. “When we began not many locals understood what we sold and were hesitant to try it out, but over time the word spread and now our main customers are school children, families, and shop owners in the locality.”

To cater to the increased demand, six members of their family now work at the shop and Mohammad says they produce their own noodles to retain the authenticity. “Five years ago we also opened a small place that can seat around 50 people to manage the crowds ,” he adds.

A machine brought from Italy is used to make khoshwe (coloured noodles) or mohingha (white noodles) which resemble Italian spaghetti, says Mohammad.

“The hinncho that is poured over the noodles, is a sweet and spicy broth made from plantain stem, pepper and garlic; the deep-fried paycho, which is crumbled on to the dishes, is made from rice flour and lentils and is like a larger, crunchier version of the thattai; and attho is made by mixing shredded cabbage, raw onion slivers, eggs, noodles and curry masala,” he says explaining the various dishes.

The fastest selling dish at their stall, which is open between 4 pm and 10.30 pm, is the minced egg noodle fry.

“Though Burmese food is available at a few places in Burma Colony (near airport) and West Boulevard Road , none of them can capture the essence of Burmese cooking as well as the shop at Theppakulam,” says Sandra Subramaniam from Burma. Since she was there till her teenage, she is very attached to the cuisine, which uses a lot of healthy ingredients and minimum oil. “My craving for their food makes me drive all the way from K.K.Nagar to Theppakulam for a quick bite.”

However, there is one traditional Burmese dish that Sandra hasn't been able to find anywhere: laffhay, a pickle made from a combination of tea leaves. “It's a great side dish for green tea and has a unique sharp taste,” she says.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 am 

Realtor builds temple in mother's memory

In a gesture of love and remembrance, Suresh Kumar from Thuraiyur has erected a temple in white marble for his late mother Dhanabagiyam.

Timing the opening of the temple to fall on Mothers Day, Mr.Suresh Kumar said that he dedicated it to the people of Thuraiyur as well.

A realtor from the town, Mr.Suresh Kumar has been constructing the temple for around three years. Sprawling over 8000 square feet, the temple houses a bronze image of Suresh Kumar's mother. The temple offers a gamut of free services for the public: there are wash rooms for those who come to the burial ground nearby and space for people to perform rites for the dead; free yoga classes and meditation sessions (twice a week); a massive kitchen that can be used for annadhanam, a hall with an attached kitchen for those celebrating their 60thor 80th wedding anniversaries; and another hall that can be used for other functions.

Walking track

Besides these, there is a walking track that runs around the periphery of the temple for the health conscious and free copies of all English and Tamil newspapers will be available at the temple.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124  Next