Trichyportal.com

Exclusive Forum on Trichy. Contact Info : trichyportal@gmail.com
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:25 am

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 124  Next
 Post subject: Re: Trichy bits !!!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:39 am 
Hi Kannan, where did you get this info about sathees.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:46 pm 
Satheesh Gallery

I was born and brought up in Trichy, Tamil Nadu. The schooling years of my life were toughest. I struggled a lot in my studies. The standardized procedure of education never interested me. I was doing well throughout the academic life. Extra-curricular activities like sports, drawing, crafts, etc. were my favorite things. However, it didn't serve any purpose in motivating me to take up studies seriously. I enjoyed understanding the concepts more than just memorizing ready made notes. After completion of my schooling and I joined college in the Arts and Crafts, Kumbakonam, I chose to become an Artist. It was a weird decision taken by me at that time. Today, however, I don't regret it at all. My career in Art began a smoothly and I was more than happy to grab the right opportunity for which I was waiting so long. Today, I am happy with my life and enjoy it to the fullest. The positive attitude to face hardships brought out the best in me. Today I am looking forward to face the challenges of life in a positive manner. Now I am living and working in Hyderabad in my related field.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:54 am 

Nissan Motor India Pvt. Ltd. (NMIPL) today announced the selection of 19 young management students from across India as Nissan Student Brand Managers (NSBM) 2012. The third season of the NSBM program garnered a whopping 2,467 registrations from 590 colleges across 25 Indian cities, showcasing the growing popularity of this unique student initiative to promote the Nissan’s brand identity in India.

Name of the Nissan Student Brand Manager City Institute

1.Siva Sankar (National Winner) Calicut Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
2.Tushar Sehgal (First Runner-up) Ahmedabad Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad
3.Neha Damle (Second Runner-up) Ahmedabad Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad
4.Garvita Kumar Lucknow Indian Institute of Management
5.Gopinath Ganesan Tiruchirappalli Bharathidasan Institute of Management

More @ http://www.gaadi.com/blog/nissan-shortl ... agers-2012

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:20 pm 

திருச்சியில் திடீர் மழை மக்கள் மகிழ்ச்சி

திருச்சி, திருச்சியில் நேற்று இரவு திடீரென பலத்த மழை பெய்தது. தாழ்வான பகுதிகளில் தண்ணீர் பெருக்கெடுத்து ஓடியது. தமிழகத்தில் வழக்கத்தை விட இவ்வாண்டு கோடையில் வெயில் வறுத்தெடுத்தது. திருச்சியில் வெயிலின் கோரத்தாண்டவம் பிப்ரவரி இறுதியிலேயே தொடங்கி 3 மாதமாக மக்களை அச்சுறுத்தி வந்தது. அக்னி நட்சத்திரம் முடிந்த பின்னரும் 100 டிகிரி யையும் தாண்டி வெயில் கொளுத்தியது.
தென்மேற்கு பருவமழை தாமதமாகி வருவதால் வெயி லின் தாக்கம் குறையவில்லை. நேற்று பகலில் வெயில் அடித்தபோதும், மாலையில் இதமான காற்று வீசியது. இரவு 8 மணி அளவில் திருச்சியில் பல்வேறு இடங்களில் திடீரென மழை பெய்தது. 15 நிமிடத்துக்கும் மேலாக நீடித்த மழையால் மேலப்புதூர், தென்னூர் உள் ளிட்ட மாநகரில் தாழ்வான பகுதிகளில் மழைநீர் பெருக்கெடுத்து ஓடியது. இதனால் வாகன ஓட்டிகளுக்கு சிரமம் ஏற்பட்டது.
இருப்பினும் நேற்று பெய்த மழை திருச்சி மக்களுக்குமகிழ்ச்சியை கொடுத்துள்ளது.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:29 pm 

Trichy’s vintage treasure

With an enviable collection of vintage vehicles, DJ Venkatesh talks about his prized possessions and what it takes to maintain them.

It is not every day that you get to see a gleaming black car manufactured in 40's in all its glory honking past you on the streets. But when you're in Trichy you can be sure to see such four wheel beauties! Thanks to DJ Venkatesh Durai, the owner of a popular automobile store and a diehard collector talks to us about his prized possessions. Its not just luxury cars but postage stamps, bikes, coins and miniature models of automobiles that catches the fancy of this collector.

Venkatesh started collecting vintage and classic cars more than ten years ago. Something that started out as a hobby soon turned out to be an obsession. A broken down bike on the road had once caught his eye would catch his eye. He then set out to restore the vehicle and so began his journey of collecting, restoring and maintaining his collection of automobiles. Ask him why he considered restoring an old bike and he says, "I think it was lying there in the rubble just for me to be inspired. That sparked my interest and it seems to be going on forever."

If you ask him the history behind each vehicle, he has enthralling tales for each one. He categorises his collections into classic and vintage eras and also dreams of owning luxury cars of each decade. He has an insatiable thirst for not just owning them but restoring them to their original condition. Being in the automobile industry, it seems to be of no surprise that he has parts flown in from different parts of the country, just so he can bring back the glamour of the automobiles. "I ensure that I dig out as much information as possible about each vehicle and see if it is possible for me to restore it. I have really good mechanics on the job and I do a bit of research before I buy the vehicle - as a collector, my aim is not just about collecting but also about maintaining it."

An expensive hobby no doubt, Venkatesh believes that youngsters just need to focus on what they are doing and that alone is enough to help them succeed. "I started as a hobby, but now I try to make more money just so I can own more cars. That is what keeps me working round the clock on my business. Put your life and soul into a passion it would show you the way to success."

While participating in rallies and displaying his collectibles in auto expos, he plans on creating a permanent exhibition in the city where he can showcase the collection which is his pride and joy. Quiz him finally as to why someone would want to invest in old cars and he smiles, "They do not make them like these anymore."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:44 pm 
Samuthirakani eyeing Trichy

The hard hitting moviemaker Samuthirakani was sharing his thoughts recently when he reportedly mentioned that he has been to the city of Trichy frequently and loves the peace there.

He maintained that soon he would be shooting few scenes there for one of his future projects and he added that he sees it as the place that MGR wanted to make as the state capital.

Recently he was at Trichy for the special felicitation ceremony of iconic K Balachander. Samuthirakani maintained that KB is his Matha, Pitha, Guru, Daivam. His close friend is Sasikumar.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:06 pm 

Diamond vs Diamond

The day doesn’t seem far when red-carpet celebrities will flaunt diamonds manufactured in local factories rather than a mine field. But, what is causing this shift in the market? The reason why cultured diamonds have shown real promise is primarily because mined diamonds are now scarce and getting more expensive by the day.

Logistically, synthetic and mined diamonds are chemically identical, as recognised by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). So, not even a jeweller can tell the difference under the naked eye unless it is put under the scanner of high-tech equipment.

“In India people want mined diamonds as they want to own a slice of history that goes in its making. The problem is that transparency is lacking here. Many a times, synthetic diamonds are passed off as natural diamonds because even the most experienced eyes can give it a miss,” says Prasanna Joshi, GM, Lagu Bandhu Motivale.

Synthetic diamonds are a great bargain if you’re looking for something that is easy on the pocket, explains Annaamalai KP, proprietor of Annam Impex.

He says, “Launching a synthetic diamond factory is cost-effective, because making man-made diamonds is up to 30-50% cheaper than mined ones. We, at Tiruchirapalli, have been manufacturing synthetic diamonds for past 100 years for industrial use. We import rough-cut diamonds produced in the Chinese, Russian or American factories and polish them. Now with the improvement in technology they are being increasingly used in jewellery.”

Also there are other perks that one can enjoy with man-made diamonds. Annaamalai says, “Cultured diamonds often have fewer flaws than mined diamonds as they are grown from perfect slivers of other diamonds. They have unlimited potential as they can be customised to your needs. Finding a larger diamond will prove a challenge as most synthetic diamonds weigh less than one carat.”

Jewellery is often also bought for emotional or astrological reasons. And with synthetic diamonds it’s now possible to capture the memory of your loved one forever in a diamond. Memorial diamonds created from the carbon found in cremation ashes or a lock of hair can preserve your love for eternity. They come at a premium though and are custom made by select international brands.

Marilyn Monroe sang in her sultry voice, ‘Diamonds are a girl’s best friend…’ in the 1949 classic, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. With synthetic diamonds, it seems like we might be singing this song, often enough.

http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/repor ... nd_1706816

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:14 pm 

Tuk Tuk, the soul of South Indian transport

An autorickshaw ride through the roads and twisted bylanes of Trichy is indeed akin to a rollercoaster ride. The black and yellow colored, meter free, nominally-priced if bargained well auto rickshaws or "tuk tuk", as they are more popularly referred to as in the west, can truly be called the soul of Indian transport.

Autos in India have taken up most of our travel tales. They fill up blog spaces of experience that tourists gain in very city, they are probably the most photographed transport system and while some have good experiences there are many who are left shell shocked by the alarming prices that they pay. Trichy has its fair share of 'auto tales', they fill the busy bazaar streets and are always at your beck and call, quite literally. "We can just ring him up and ask him to pick us up. That is how much technologically the 'autowallahs' have prepared themselves and moved on with changing times" tells, Trinita Naveen, a home maker. The autos are no longer cramped with the soft sponged seats and normal leather covers, they have a fully equipped music system, flashing coloured lights some even have books or newspapers in them to entertain customers.

"One time I got on an auto to find they had small fans inside, wondering I asked the driver its purpose and he explained it was for the foreign tourists who preferred travelling with the drapes down. I was taken by surprise as to how much they care about our comforts and invest in it" exclaims, Varun Sundar, a sales executive. Most of us have memories of going to school in these bumpy vehicles, be it during the rain when we had the screens put down, or sitting on each other's laps. Not to mention the cinema industry which glorifies the autowallahs, be it Rajnikanth in the yesteryear hit - Baadshah or Vijay in Vettaikaran, they have all played prominent roles as protagonists vrooming in these three cycled vehicles. "

There are specific rules for auto stands and each auto belongs to a particular stand in the city - they make sure to take turns for rides and also everyone has a chance. "We always take turns and ensure everyone has profits. Due to the behavior of a certain group of auto owners we all get generalized and yelled at. But, most of us are very friendly if treated with respect", he says.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes ... ort-system

courtesy: Mr. Deepak, SSC forum

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:02 pm 

A Superstar connect in Pandiraj’s next film!

Director Pandiraj has titled his next film, which stars Vimal and Sivakarthikeyan in the lead, as Kedi Billa Killadi Ranga (KBKR).

Quiz him on why he went for such a quirky title, and the director says, "The film is about two heroes, two heroines and two villains. So, I wanted a title that suggests duality. Also, the film is an out and out fun film and I wanted the title to reflect this mood. So, we zeroed in this title that sounds catchy and also convey the film's mood perfectly."

And, let's also not forget the obvious Rajinkanth connection — Billa and Ranga being the titular character that the Superstar played in the super hit films from the early 80s.

The director says that the film is set in Trichy township and will be as light-hearted as the romantic tracks in his Pasanga and Marina.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 am 

Pieces of currency notes found inside bin

Pieces of currency notes of different denominations were found, by some rag pickers in the morning drawing the attention of locals immediately, inside a garbage bin at Sozharajapuram in Woraiyur here on Saturday.

The currency notes, in Rs. 50, Rs. 100, Rs. 500 and Rs.1,000 denominations, were established as original after the police took the notes to a couple of banks to ascertain their genuineness.

Upon receiving information, Woraiyur police personnel rushed to the spot and conducted inquiries.

The destroyed notes were confiscated immediately and brought to the Woraiyur police station.

A police officer said several persons of that area were inquired.

The Woraiyur Crime police registered a case under Section 102 Code of Criminal Procedure (Power of police officer to seize any property which may be alleged or suspected to have been stolen or which may be found under circumstances which create suspicion of the commission of any offence).

The confiscated property was later handed over to the tahsildar, sources said.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1232 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119, 120 ... 124  Next