Trichyportal.com

Exclusive Forum on Trichy. Contact Info : trichyportal@gmail.com
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:21 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 228  Next
 Post subject: Re: Train
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:09 pm 
R.S.NARAYANAN wrote:
Srini wrote:
i was in railway station today and i dunno y they r having 5 general second sitting in the night spl train to bangalore.. hardly 50-100 people r in total of these 5 compartments. it is just empty whereas the lonely ac and all the sleeper coaches r full.. railway must change it to a fully sleeper train..

and the cell kitchen recently opened is run by hotel kannapa

MAY BE THOSE COACHES WILL FULL FROM ARIYALUR ONWARDS. THERE ARE LOT OF PEOPLE TRAVELLING FROM CUDDALORE,VRI AND ARIYALUR TO BANGALORE. THE TIMINGS OF THE TRAIN SHOULD BE CHANGED TO 2000HRS

Even people from delta region board this train at Ariyalur. The timings cannot be changed as this train shares racks with Bangalore-Erankulam Intercity express which leaves at 6:15 AM and Trichy-Bangalore express should reach Bangalore at 5:00 AM.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:49 pm 

You are correct friend. I think the guest who had given a brief explanation about RF going to Kumbakonam id either in Railways or a native of that region so he is arguing in favor. But he forgot to say that the unreserved compartments are filled there itself. This Train is from Trichy so why is it getting Filled in Kumbakonam? How are they going to Compensate this loss to Trichy Travellers? and U know those who are coming in unreserved From Kumbakonam take undue advantage .My frind used to complain regarding this he had to go in the unreserved compartment a couple of times there he says that They sleep and they never give place and at one time they even locked the door from inside then these fellows had to bring in Police to open the door of the unreserved coaches. So Guest can u tell us (Trichy People) how we can come out of this Selfish people's methods which causes us so much Trauma? :x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:36 pm 
Srini wrote:
i was in railway station today and i dunno y they r having 5 general second sitting in the night spl train to bangalore.. hardly 50-100 people r in total of these 5 compartments. it is just empty whereas the lonely ac and all the sleeper coaches r full.. railway must change it to a fully sleeper train..

MAY BE THOSE COACHES WILL FULL FROM ARIYALUR ONWARDS. THERE ARE LOT OF PEOPLE TRAVELLING FROM CUDDALORE,VRI AND ARIYALUR TO BANGALORE. THE TIMINGS OF THE TRAIN SHOULD BE CHANGED TO 2000HRS

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:31 am 
Guest wrote:
The purpose of extending Rockfort to Kumbakonam is to provide a rail link since it was lost due to broad guage works. During meter guage times, two passenger trains, one from Trichy and another from Thanjavur were running. Kamban express was available upto Mayavaram. The Rameswaram Express was also running with comfortable timings.

After opening of the line only one train in the name of Kamban Express with five reservation coaches common to both mayavaram, kumbakonam, thanjavur and Nagore is operated now.

They have to operate one separate train upto either Thanjavur or Trichy. Then Rockfort will be terminated at Trichy.

I think till such time they will not do it. If they do it now, they have to introduce that new train (upto Thanjavur/Trichy) immediately. They do not have enough coaches.

But it is surprising how these different news items within a short span of time are coming out.

There should not be any pre-condition to restore RF to Trichy. We have been considerate to share RF with Delta for the past several year. As promised by railways RF should be restored back to Trichy as ML is opened for Traffic.

There is Cholan express, Kamban express, MS-MDU express running via ML. From August Kamban express will be augmented with SL coaches and Rameswaram express will be diverted via ML. So from August RF should be restored back to Trichy. I am against any further extension of this train to KMU from August.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:09 pm 
Srini wrote:

It has 5 2S because Trichy-Bangalore-Trichy express shares rake with Bangalore-Ernakulam-Bangalore Intercity express. So it is not possible to change the 2S to 2SL.

The other possibility is to add 2SL coaches at Trichy and remove at Bangalore for the intercity express.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:36 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:44 am 
Continuing on Rockfort's extension to Kumbakonam,

After Rockfort was extended to Thanjavur, a new train to Erode from Chennai was introduced. This is to compensate the possible loss Trichy may suffer in respect of berths availability on account of this extension.

In other words, previously a new train was announced from Chennai to Kumbakonam in the budget and it was not done at all.

They have changed the plan, extended Rockfort to Thanjavur/Kumbakonam and introduced Chennai-Erode Express. This train was later extended upto Coimbatore and now to Mangalore, a different matter.

As on date, 164 berths are available from Chennai to Trichy with a good timings in the Mangalore train.

Rockfort will restored to Trichy one day or the other. And this Mangalore train will not be taken away because of restoration of Rockfort.

At that time, Trichy will get the full Rockfort and this 164 berths of Mangalore train.

Even a bigger town, Madurai don't have this extra train with this much accommodation with good timings.

Pl tell me, in the long run, whether Trichy is benefitted because of the extension of Rockfort or not.

Or, will Trichy say, give us Rockfort and take back Mangalore train or run it in some other route, especially in the Kumbakonam,Thanjavur route with 164 berths to them, excluding Trichy.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:02 pm 

What a narrow escape .... :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:59 pm 
Totally condemn these type of acts and hope govt nips these at the buds itself.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:13 am 

Yes around 2000 passengers of Rockfort express has escaped from a major mishap.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225 ... 228  Next