Trichyportal.com

Exclusive Forum on Trichy. Contact Info : trichyportal@gmail.com
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:13 pm

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223 ... 228  Next
 Post subject: Re: Train
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:49 am 
Consumer body to file complaint against railways.

TIRUCHI: The Consumer Protection Council, Tamil Nadu has resolved to file a complaint against the railways in the National Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission to force them to stop collecting sleeper class fare in the day-time Cholan Expresses.

A resolution to this effect was adopted at the executive committee meeting of the council that was presided over by its president R. Natarajan here on Friday.

It said passengers were forced to pay sleeper class fare in the day-time Cholan Expresses (Train No. 6854 / 6853) ever since the trains were resumed in the main line broad gauge section from April 26 onwards.

Stating that this was an “unfair trade practice”, the consumer body said railways' own rule prohibited berths from being used for stretching or sleeping from 6 a.m. to 9.pm. Railways were charging sleeper class fares for the day-time train which is unjustified.

“Withdraw order”

Another resolution urged the State government to withdraw its order fixing the fees for schools as it was not implemented.

Order or no order, there was no let-up in the schools collecting donations over and above the fees, it claimed.

While appreciating the efforts taken by the Tiruchi Corporation in removing the encroachments obstructing traffic along the main roads and on the service roads, it said with the same spirit the remaining encroachments on the Tennur road and Srirangam areas should also be removed.

The Council requested the Central government to modify the Food Safety and Standards Act in such way as to make the expiry date and the Maximum Retail Price most prominently visible with sufficient colour contrast and appropriate font size.

It requested the State government to enforce the Act and appoint Food Safety Commissioners.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on Google+Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:14 pm 
Guest wrote:
At least one post appeared giving the list of trains that are operated/to be operated through Thanjavur line.

I need no list or time table to see anything and just after the announcement, everything will be before me.

I saw many posts here simply demanding restoration of Rockfort Express to Trichy without going into the issues involved. I really wonder now whether they know the issues, while the two portions of Rockfort and amalgamation/bifurcation itself is not known.

At this point it could be easily guessed that the intricacies and issues involved in restoring Rockofort Express is not known to many here.

Only when all the branch difficulties are addressed, then the main issue will be solved.

I wanted to give those issues one by one but I think there is no willingness here to listen or learn from them, but just wish to make one line demand of restoration of this train.

Even if the announcement is made today, it will take another three months to restore for booking period to end. I think that this also is not known.

It will take another one year minimum for the issues connected with restoration to get solved. Till such time it will not happen. Rlys know that and that is why they have given such a categorical Press note.

Till such time, if you all want to make this demand, you make it and think that it will happen, you may think like that.

If it gives some satisfaction or relief, you may continue to make it. No harm.

WHY TPJ PEOPLE WANT ROCKFORT EXPRESS FOR TRICHY ONLY NOT ONLY FOR BERTHS BUT ALSO FOR PSYCHOLOGICAL REASONS. BECAUSE THIS TRAIN SERVES FOR TRICHY PEOPLE FOR A LONG TIME AND IT IS ALSO A TRADE MARK PREMIUM TRAIN. MY SUGGESTION IS THAT SR SHOULD RESTORE RF FOR TRICHY AND BIFURICATE THE MANGALORE EXPRESS AS 10COACHES FOR MANGALORE AND 14COACHES FOR KUMBAKONAM AND TANJORE AND IT WILL RUN VIA MAINLINE AND ATTACH WITH MANGALORE EXP AT VILLUPURAM.THE TRAIN MAY CALLED TANJORE LINK EXPRESS

IN THE MEANTIME REGULATE THE TIMINGS OF RMM EXP WHICH WILL LEAVE TRICHY AROUND 930PM AND REACH TANJORE 1030PM AND KUMBAKONAM BY 1130PM BY ADDING SIX MORE COACHES ATTACHED EXCLUSIVELY FOR DELTA DISTRICTS AT TRICHY JN.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:13 am 
At least one post appeared giving the list of trains that are operated/to be operated through Thanjavur line.

I need no list or time table to see anything and just after the announcement, everything will be before me.

I saw many posts here simply demanding restoration of Rockfort Express to Trichy without going into the issues involved. I really wonder now whether they know the issues, while the two portions of Rockfort and amalgamation/bifurcation itself is not known.

At this point it could be easily guessed that the intricacies and issues involved in restoring Rockofort Express is not known to many here.

Only when all the branch difficulties are addressed, then the main issue will be solved.

I wanted to give those issues one by one but I think there is no willingness here to listen or learn from them, but just wish to make one line demand of restoration of this train.

Even if the announcement is made today, it will take another three months to restore for booking period to end. I think that this also is not known.

It will take another one year minimum for the issues connected with restoration to get solved. Till such time it will not happen. Rlys know that and that is why they have given such a categorical Press note.

Till such time, if you all want to make this demand, you make it and think that it will happen, you may think like that.

If it gives some satisfaction or relief, you may continue to make it. No harm.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:39 am 
Rockfort is our train and nothing wrong in asking it back. We should put more pressure that Rockfort is restored back to Trichy as soon as possible.

Restoration of Rockfort to Trichy and more services in the ML are two different issues and do not understand why they are still being linked.

It is clearly mentioned in the budget that Mainline will get only 2 trains after GC. The mainline region should have put more pressure to get additional service rather than hanging on to Rockfort express.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:03 pm 

ramkummar wrote:
Mangalore Express may be for the compensation of the amalgamation of Rockfort but you must understand not many seats, Trichy people are getting there. I can understand many Thanjavur Persons reserving in Mangalore Express from Trichy and boarding. Now,dont come up with an argument claiming "Can we stop all buses from Thanjavur to Trichy"....... Thats not what I am saying. These fellas leave no space for us there too. i find this compensation totally useless. By the way I am sure all Trichy people will agree to me regarding restoration of RockFort Express.

And for the full particulars of trains that ply from Chennai to Thanjavur i ask you to refer to a Railway Timetable and get the Train names I don think my Participation is highly essential in opening ur eyes regarding trains that ply thru Thanjavur. A Railway Timetable is more than enuf. so kindly refer it and get urself clarified.

and by the way as the guest in the previous post said,if my understanding is correct, There is no need for a separate train from Thanjavur to Chennai as Thanjavur is a small town and there s no necessity to provide separate trains. IF Thanjavur people are so particular in need of a Train they can ask their railway officials to provide a separate train rather than occupying trains provided for others.

I agree ramkumar. At any cost the Rockfort express should be Restore back to trichy and no more compromise in that.
And i would like to add one more point. Tanjore is not such a small town. Its ranked no. 11 as per 2001 census.

Source : http://www.citypopulation.de/India-TamilNadu.html (Tanjore in no. 11)

So they can very well have separate train from tanjore rather than using Rockfort. Also there are enuf trains plying and going to ply thru tanjore.

* Rameswaram - Chennai
* Trichy - Chennai (Cholan express)
* Nagore - Chennai via Tanjore
* Madurai - Chennai via Tanjore (bi-weekly)

Also there is a plan to restore Tiruchendur - Chennai (Sendur express) via Tanjore.
Is that not enuf for the people travelling from tanjore to chennai?
Also some people will go to Ariyalur to depart the train to chennai for time consumption.

What my suggestion is rather than running cholan express from trichy to chennai, they can run from tanjore to chennai. Because the departure time for cholan express in trichy is 9.10 AM and reaches tanjore by 9.58 AM. People from trichy hardly use this train because by 9.00 AM we have Vaigai which is superfast and Pallavan which is also a superfast and main part is originating from trichy. So better they can the run cholan exp from tanjore to chennai

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:07 pm 

I dont think listing out the trains that ply thru Thanjavur is a concern here as u r in Trichyportal and not in Thanjavurportal I have least interest towards trains that pass thru Thanjavur. we are against the extension of RF as we are suffering for others comfort. we were generous enuf to spare the train until mainline was opened but as of now it is open we don need to entertain it any further,

I never asked you to go to the Railway officials for a compensation trian but i asked the people of Thanjavur pls read my posts clearly before replying don reply in such an absurd manner.

i dont think the piece of advise you shredded is necessary we have all rights to claim back our rights. it is the need for people to fight for their rights. this situation is pathetic.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:54 pm 
You don't know how Mangalore train is originated. And how Rockfort is bifurcated/amalgamated at Trichy, number of unreserved coaches in Rockfort etc.

You say there are so many trains to Thanjavur but unable to list them out to form part of this discussion.

But, say Thanjavur is a small town. It is not the question here whether Thanjavur is big or small, but it is how that area is compensated because of restoration of Rockfort.

You want me to ask Rly Officials for a train to Thanjavur and Kumbakonam.

In the same way you can ask Rly Officials to restore Rockfort to Trichy.

But, friend, Rly Official had already replied you in this regard:

ஆகஸ்ட் முதல் தேதி அல்லது 15-ம் தேதி முதல் திருச்சியிலிருந்து மலைக்கோட்டை விரைவு ரயில் இயக்கப்படலாம் என்ற தகவல்கள் சில நாள்களுக்கு முன்பு வெளியாகின.

ஆனால், இந்தத் தகவலை ரயில்வே நிர்வாகம் முற்றிலுமாக மறுத்துள்ளது. இதுதொடர்பாக திருச்சி கோட்ட ரயில்வே முதுநிலை வணிகப் பிரிவு மேலாளர் ஏ.பி. முத்துராமலிங்கம் செவ்வாய்க்கிழமை வெளியிட்ட செய்திக் குறிப்பு:

"ஆகஸ்ட் 15-ம் தேதி மலைக்கோட்டை விரைவு ரயில் திருச்சியிலிருந்து இயக்கப்படும் என்ற தகவல் வெளியாகியுள்ளதில் உண்மையில்லை. இதுவரை இதற்கான கருத்துருவோ, உத்தரவோ தெற்கு ரயில்வே தலைமை அலுவலகத்தில் இருந்து திருச்சி கோட்ட அலுவலகத்துக்கு வரவில்லை' என தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:15 pm 

Mangalore Express may be for the compensation of the amalgamation of Rockfort but you must understand not many seats, Trichy people are getting there. I can understand many Thanjavur Persons reserving in Mangalore Express from Trichy and boarding. Now,dont come up with an argument claiming "Can we stop all buses from Thanjavur to Trichy"....... Thats not what I am saying. These fellas leave no space for us there too. i find this compensation totally useless. By the way I am sure all Trichy people will agree to me regarding restoration of RockFort Express.

And for the full particulars of trains that ply from Chennai to Thanjavur i ask you to refer to a Railway Timetable and get the Train names I don think my Participation is highly essential in opening ur eyes regarding trains that ply thru Thanjavur. A Railway Timetable is more than enuf. so kindly refer it and get urself clarified.

and by the way as the guest in the previous post said,if my understanding is correct, There is no need for a separate train from Thanjavur to Chennai as Thanjavur is a small town and there s no necessity to provide separate trains. IF Thanjavur people are so particular in need of a Train they can ask their railway officials to provide a separate train rather than occupying trains provided for others.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:57 pm 
i dont think there is a need for a seperate train to Thanjavur from Trichy as it is not as big as Trichy and it is not necessary to provide a train to such a small town.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 1:56 pm 
i dont think there is a seperate train to Thanjavur from Trichy as it is not as big as Trichy and it is not necessary to provide a train to such a small town.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2280 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223 ... 228  Next